...when I look at the world, our leaders, what guides people, and why people make the decisions they do, I become so very disheartened. I see our self-righteous, self-involved greed and feel sick; and I wonder if we're ever going to find a way to see clearly. Was it always like this? Have we always let the greater good languish while we worried more about our individual well-being?
I need good, positive, happy stories. I need to remember that individuals do fight for others to keep my hope from flagging. I think we all need to see the others care. We are connected. I believe we are all connected.
I'm just not feeling it right now.
Any thoughts?
Jupiter Icy Moons Explorer
2 days ago

1 comment:
I understand your sentiments. Especially when watching the news and when dealing with politicians. Sorry, but I'm a bit jaded on all of them these days.
However, if we take the time to look around our own communities, we can find some real gems. That's why I love doing human interest stories. I've met some incredible people who aren't rich or famous. They just live their lives as best as they can and they're good, decent people who reach out to their neighbors in times of need and who go about doing the right thing because it's the right thing to do. Not because it's going to benefit them in any way.
Just off the top of my head I can think of ten names of people I know in this area who I respect and admire just for being honest, decent, kind hearted folks.
Sadly, because of human nature, I don't know if we will ever be free of the self-righteous and greedy people. And also, it seems, in this day and age of the 30 second sound bite and all these media 'handlers' the only way people seem to get ahead in politics is by being self-righteous and greedy.
Post a Comment