Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Make me Laff

Over at Bookshelves of Doom Leila and her husband plan Philip Seymour Hoffman's next movie.

And if any of you have an opinion about sex in stories, feel free to comment. But first, you may want to read my post (and comments) about it on my livejournal.

I have nothing else to add. I've been writing. PORN! Actually, NOT!porn!, as you will see by my post.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not opposed to sex in fic, but I AM opposed to all sex no plot. I much prefer the tension and innuendo that usually proceeds sex. I hope the idea planted into your mind by your fellow LJer was something about being silly(oh I watched the movie TWICE). These two are so cute, without being over the top pretty boys. I giggled at "by the power of Grayskull!" (He-man was a big deal at our house) and I got mighty upset when they tried to make us think Danny was dead. Can't wait to read your AU story. Good luck.

Music Wench said...

I personally don't like writing sex in my fiction. I tried it once, got great reviews but still don't like doing it. As for reading it, I can take it or leave it unless it involves - and I apologize in advance as I know you find this disgusting - Goren and Eames. LOL

I can't help it. I'm intrigued by them and every potential aspect of their relationship.

Oddly enough except for the aforementioned couple, I tend to skip over sex scenes. I'm more interested in emotional connections and yes sex can enhance that. If it does then I will probably read through it.

And also, it has to be well done. Some sex scenes are more humorous than sexy. And of course some are downright sad. LOL

Goddessdster said...

AMC - YAY! I was so excited when you said you'd watched the movie! I love sharing things I love with others and I love these two characters so very much. And yes, I may MAY try my hand at some fumbling "we don't know what we're doing" something-or-other, but it's still in the works. And you will be getting first crack at the story, as your opinion is the one that I depend on the most.

MW - I don't find the idea of Goren/Eames disgusting, I just think their relationship has moved so far beyond that point, I can't see it. Possibly around season 2 or 3, it would have been plausible to me, but now...plus, my issue with het sex in Fanfiction has more to do with authorial presence in the female role. And even though I'm a straight girl, it does nothing for me. I will read, Mulder/Scully, for example, but only if it's implied sex.